Counter IED symposium: 20 May 2013 at Rawalpindi.
Steps taken to defeat IEDs:
- Pakistan’s Counter-IED Organization established to formulate policies and ensure implementation.
- Tight control over explosive, detonators and others IEDs-related material by the Ministry of Industry.
- Banning the export of Calcium Ammonium Nitrate (CAN) and other chemical based fertilizers with issuance of NOCs to authorized dealers only.
- Disallowing the transportation of CAN and other such fertilizers to be moved in FATA and Balochistan.
- Fertilizer control regime introduced and implemented by the FATA Secretariat.
- Increased number of troops on border outposts to minimize possibility of cross-border smuggling of CAN.