Rawalpindi - October 21, 2009:
1. South Waziristan - Operation Rah-e-Nijat. In last 24 hours, fifteen terrorists have been killed during Security forces operation in SWA. Security forces losses are three security forces personnel including an officer embraced shahadat and seven were injured. Details of operations are as follows:-
a. On Jandola – Sararogha Axis
(1) Security forces are engaged in an intense encounter with terrorists hiding on heights surrounding Kotkai.
After securing Tor Ghundai feature east of Kotkai, security forces are in the process of clearing
surrounding heights and caves. During exchange of fire one officer and one soldier embraced shahadat
and four were injured.
(2) After securing Malik Shahi, security forces are undertaking clearance operation upto Mizo-Wam. During the
operation seven terrorists were killed.
(3) Security forces check post has been established at Manzai Kili west of Mandanna.
(4) Security forces are strengthening their positions at area around Spinkai.
b. On Shakai - Ladha Axis
(1) Security forces have made good progress and cleared Khaisura village linking up with Tiarza fort. During
the operation eight terrorists have been killed. Many houses of this village were converted into bunkers.
Heavily fortified bunkers having 2 meters thick concrete walls have been discovered.
(2) At present security forces are conducting search and clearance operation in Sherwangi and surrounding
areas along with consolidation at Wuzi Sar and Gurgura Sar. During exchange of fire one soldier embraced
shahadat and three were injured.
(3) During search of houses of Uzbeks, converted into bunkers around Sher Wangi, 105 bottles of Liquor were
2. Following arms and ammunition have been recovered during operation Rah-e-Nijat:-
a. 27 hand grenades and 4 rockets
b. 2 ammunition carrying bags
c. 7 x 12.7 mm Anti Air Craft guns and 2 x 14.5 mm Anti Air Craft guns along with 2007 mortar rounds.
d. 2 x rifles - 7 mm and 4 x rifles - 303
e. 7x RPG-7
f. 36 x 82 mm mortar rounds
g. 1 x 75 mm RR
h. 14 x 107 mm Single Barrel Rocket Launcher
j. 18 x 60 mm mortar rounds
k. 22 IEDs
3. Malakand - Operation Rah-e-Rast
a. After receiving an intercept regarding a suicide mission, security forces raided a house at Tilligram and killed
the potential suicide bomber when he was getting ready for the suicide mission.
b. 2 terrorists voluntarily surrendered to security forces at Tiligram, Tutan Banda.
c. Security forces conducted search operation at Shalpin near Khawazakhela and apprehended 10 suspects.
d. Security forces conducted search operation at Dabsar near Martung and apprehended 1 terrorist (relative of
4. Relief Activities - DI Khan and Tank.
a. Before the start of operation Rah-e-Nijat, a total of 11,089 families (80,507 individuals) are registered at D I
Khan and Tank.
b. After the operation to date 4490 families (41570 individuals) have been registered at D I Khan and Tank.
c. 4,735 cash cards have been distributed amongst the IDPs of Waziristan.