Rawalpindi - October 23, 2009:
1. South Waziristan - Operation Rah-e-Nijat. In last 24 hours, 13 terrorists have been killed while 6 were apprehended during Security forces operation in SWA. Security forces losses are 2 soldiers embraced shahadat and 7 were injured. Details of operations are as follows:-
a. On Jandola – Sararogha Axis
(1) On securing Tor Ghundai feature, security forces after intense engagement have fully secured
important feature of Shishamwam. This important height is behind Kotkai village thereby Seiging
Kotkai village from the east. During engagements 7 terrorists were killed while 1 soldier embraced
shahadat and 2 were injured.
(2) Security forces also recovered 1 Vickers machine gun, 1 Rocket launcher along with 3 rockets, 2
Kalashnikovs along with 300 rounds, 1 sniper rifle, 1 hand grenade, 2 Mukhabra communication sets
and books in Uzbek language.
b. On Shakai - Ladha Axis. After securing Sherwangi and surrounding heights security forces have
advanced further and secured Chalwasti village on main Shakai-Kaniguram-Ladha Axis. Troops are in the
process of securing heights along the axis. Terrorists are on the run but are firing rockets from different
locations on the advancing forces. During operation, 6 Uzbeks have been killed including a local
commander. During exchange of fire 1 soldier embraced shahadat and 5 were injured.
c. Razmak Axis. Terrorists fired 10 rockets and 4 mortar rounds from different directions at Razmak Camp,
which was effectively responded.
d. DI Khan and Tank. Security forces apprehended 6 terrorists at check posts during search at DI Khan and Tank.
2. Swat - Malakand - Operation Rah-e-Rast
a. Security forces apprehended fifteen suspects from different areas of Swat like Chak Daulat, Sariath Sar
near Miandam and Mangaltan.
b. 7 terrorists voluntarily surrendered to security forces in area around Mingora.
c. During search and clearance operation 3 terrorists were killed near Nijigram at Talang.
3. Relief Activities - DI Khan and Tank.
a. Reportedly 593 dislocated families from Waziristan have moved to D I Khan through Zhob.
b. 8,296 IDP families have been registered, since 13th October 2009.
c. 5,573 cash cards distributed amongst the IDPs families of DI Khan and Tank.