On 15 Oct 20, an encounter took place between security forces and large number of terrorists on Coastal Highway (Near Ormara), when a convoy of OGDCL was being escorted from Gwadar to Karachi. Security Forces responded effectively, ensured Security of the OGDCL persons and managed their safe exit from the area. During the clash, substantial losses were also incurred to the terrorists. As a result of this encounter, 7 x Brave soldiers of FC Balochistan and 7 x Security guards sacrificed their lives and embraced shahadat.
Names of Shuhada are as following:-
- Subedar Abid Hussain r/o Layyah
- Naik Muhammad Anwar r/o Sibi
- Lance Naik Iftikhar Ahmed r/o DG Khan
- Sepoy Muhammad Naveed r/o Chakwal
- Lance Naik Abdul Latif r/o Pishin
- Sepoy Muhammad Waris r/o Mianwali
- Sepoy Imran Khan r/o Lakki Marwat
- Havaldar (Retired) Samandar Khan r/o Lakki Marwat
- Muhammad Fawad ullah r/o Lakki Marwat
- Atta ullah r/o DIK
- Waris Khan r/o Tank
- Abdul Nafay r/o Kohat
- Shakir ullah r/o Kohat
- Abid Hussain r/o Bannu
Security forces have cordoned off the complete area and search for terrorists is underway.
Such Cowardly acts by inimical elements to sabotage peace, stability and economic development in Balochistan shall never be allowed to succeed. Moreover, these acts can not subdue resolve of our forces which are determined to defend motherland, even at the cost of their lives.